I am a shameless copycat, AND I take advantages of my own bad manicures. I had originally intended to make this a gradient (which I will show you in two days) but even I could barely see the difference in the nails! So I gave up and painted waves.
I got the design from this post by the nailasaurus (I stole it a while ago and was going to do it when it got nicer out…but oh well!)
I had two problems photographing these nails…I wanted to capture the holo quality of the light blue, but then the form of the waves got lost! And I don’t own a really dark blue, so the waves are lighter overall than I would have liked.
Right and left hand in sunlight, you can see some of the rainbow. This is without top coat, so you get the 3D-ness of the waves!
The colors I used are:
- Linear Holo: Nfu-Oh – #65
- Scattered Holo: Milani (3D) – Cyberspace
- Light Blue: Unnamed Nail Art Brush
- Light Teal: Wet ‘n Wild (megalast) – I Need A Refresh-Mint
- Dark Teal: Petites Color Fever – Figi
- Dark Blue: Nicole by OPI – A Lit-Teal Bit of Love
- White: Sinful Colors – Snow me White
- Silver: Revlon (fast dry) – Metallic
So shiny…. my nails have ridges. Oh well.
And finally, taken post-top-coat without direct sunlight, you can actually see the waves!
Overall, I’m pretty pleased with how they turned out.