I love renaissance fairs. For the first time this year, I have a costume! It is purple and white and beautiful. Of course, I had to design my nails to match my outfit, so I present purple corset nails!
And my outfit!
I actually designed these while looking at the corset (it was sitting next to me). The colors match perfectly! I even put together a tutorial (but be warned, this is not for the faint of heart. It took me almost an hour and I work rather fast).
- Start with a purple base or a white base (for accent nails)
- On the purple, paint a thick line of white down the middle of the nail using the polish brush (if needed, touch up the line with a fine nail art brush). On the accent nails, draw in a corset shape in purple, leaving white in the middle and along the top and bottom of the nail
- On all nails, add in a decorative border just inside the darker purple coset part, using a lighter purple (I did this using a small dotting tool and adding dots right next to each other)
- Then add larger silver dots (the grommets)
- Connect the silver dots using darker purple lines. To finish it off, add a bow, or let the free straps hang loose! Cover with top coat, and voila!
Unfortunately, my darkest purple smears with top coat. I think I knew that about this particular polish. Oops!
Sorry for the photo-spam, I just really liked this design!
- White: Sinful Colors – Snow me White
- Light purple: Sally Hansen – Lacey Lilac
- Purple: Zoya – Malia
- Dark purple: Sinful Colors – Let’s Talk
- Silver: A England – Excalibur
Hope you enjoyed!