The lovely blogger over at Cosmetish recently had a Wizard of Oz themed nail art competition! Of course, I had to (try) to participate. Partly because I like nail art competitions, but mostly because WIZARD OF OZ! It was one of the few movies my whole family could sit around and watch without fighting.
I wanted to do a different design on each nail (as I tend towards for nail art competitions), but I am slowly realizing that most people find that off-putting :-p. So I settled for quasi-skittles…two ruby slippers (on the Wicked Witch of the East’s feet of course), and then a variety of other things on a green background.
We have: the yellow brick road, slippers (I have been dreaming about using Ruby Pumps for the ruby slippers, and I finally got my chance!), the hat of the Wicked Witch of the West, and an apple from the evil animated apple trees! Notice, I didn’t include any protagonists. I honestly side with the Witches in this movie!
- Red glitter: China Glaze – Ruby Pumps
- White: Sinful Colors – Snow me White
- Black: Julie G – Black Sheep
- Silver: Revlon – Metallic
- Green: Sinful Colors – Exotic Green
- Yellow: Revlon – Electric
- Orange: Wet n’ Wild – Sunny Side Up
- Red: Pure Ice – Siren
- Dark green: Sinful Colors – Last Chance
- Brown: Zoya – Dea
Hope you enjoyed!