Let me preface this post by saying that YES my nails are too long. I hate it. But it needed to happen, for the adorable glory that is this manicure. I have been staring at ducky nails (as distinct from that awful acrylic trend known as duck nails) for a long while. My nails are finally long enough for beaks!
This manicure was amazingly easy. But you do need long nails to execute it, or your ducks just look…silly. Squished. To see just how easy this was, there is a tutorial at the bottom! Just keep scrolling 🙂
I really have nothing else to say about this manicure except that it was worth it. I cut my nails as soon as I took this off, and they are a more normal (and typable) length now.
- White: Zoya – Purity
- Yellow: WoW – #301
- Black: Sinful Colors – Black on Black
I hope you enjoyed these little guys as much as I did making them!
- Base coat your nails, and paint them with white polish.
- Create a rather large and curved french tip design in yellow. You can use nail guides if you like, these were free-handed.
- Add two tiny black dots in the yellow area for nostrils, and larger black dots (or U shapes, or whatever your heart desires) in the white area for eyes.
- For added adorableness, add small white dots in the eyes.
- Wait a few minutes for the black polish to dry, and add top coat. Enjoy!