This post started out as a GREAT idea…another rainbow gradient with water marble! The last one didn’t go as well as I had hoped, so I wanted to try again. This one still didn’t work. Maybe I should give up on this theme?
The gradient came out fine, if not quite as saturated as I would like. Most of the polish here is one of the colors from the Nabi Holographic collection, over the silver from the same line. Some Darling Divas and a Gothic Gala thrown in for fun.
I tried to water marble with black, light grey (my white polish is sadly too thick to marble at this point), and clear…and yah. Oops! The grey is too translucent and the clear didn’t spread as well as I would have hoped.
- Grey: Maybelline – Bare Escape
- White: Zoya – Purity
- Clear shimmer: Sally Hansen – Platinum
- Black: Sinful Colors – Black on Black
- Silver (base color): Darling Diva – Diamond
- Red: Nabi – Red
- Orange: Nabi – Brone
- Yellow: Nabi – Gold
- Green: Darling Diva – Green Diamond
- Blue: Darling Diva – Blue Diamond
- Purple: Gothic Gala Lacquers – Vallis Sanguine
Maybe, someday, this will work. If I work up the courage to try it a third time. Meh!