…Keeps the doctor away? I don’t even know. Anyway, fruit! I have been wanting to do an apple mani for a while. My inspiration came from this apple nail art at Qtplace …although really it was a pinterest pin so I didn’t know she had a video tutorial!
I had an interesting battle with myself over the base color here…I wanted a somewhat opaque nudeish white that shimmered. I don’t own one. So I did two coats of a whitish shimmer (Ski Slope Sweetie by OPI) and one coat of a milky white polish (Calla Lilly by Revlon). The Revlon polish dulled the glitter in the OPI, and I actually like how it all came out! The apples were easy :-p
I don’t really enjoy wearing my nails short (although they are as I type this…darn nail breaks!) but this is a cute look for short nails!
– Glitter base: OPI – Ski Slope Sweetie
– Milky base: Revlon – Calla Lilly
– Green: Essie – The More The Merrier
– Yellow: Revlon – Electric
– Brown: Zoya – Louise
– White: Wet n’ Wild – French White Creme
– Dark green: Sinful Colors – Exotic Green