I randomly had my red roll of striping tape lying next to my lace design stamping plate from Born Pretty…and saw that one of the stamps looked like it would be PERFECT to have a line of striping tape down the middle…and so I just left the tape and the plate out on my polish desk. For a month. And now that I have a clear stamper I can finally make this awesome art!
I am not ashamed to admit I spent 20 minutes picking out a base polish. Gold? Holo? Pink? Red? WHAT ON EARTH! Before I remembered this polish I was sent to review years ago that I seldom use! Its a nude with pink shimmer and black and red glitters…and since I wanted red striping tape and black stamping it seemed perfect.
I added a thin coat of a semi-opaque nude once the glittery base was down, just to burry the glitters a tiny bit more…I wanted the red and black of the stamp and tape to stand out, and not be eaten by the glitters. I love how it turned out!
I actually put the striping tape down BEFORE I stamped, so I could line up the stamp in the center of my nail perfectly. IT WAS AWESOME. I almost want to do this design again with different colors. Ugh.
~ Glittery nude: Gothic Gala Lacquers – Hel
~ Nude jelly: Sephora X – Marvelous
~ Black: Mentality – Black Opaque
~ Stamp: Born Pretty – L020
Hope you enjoyed! This was so much fun to make and I am super pleased with how it came out 😀
I love renaissance fairs. For the first time this year, I have a costume! It is purple and white and beautiful. Of course, I had to design my nails to match my outfit, so I present purple corset nails!
And my outfit!
I actually designed these while looking at the corset (it was sitting next to me). The colors match perfectly! I even put together a tutorial (but be warned, this is not for the faint of heart. It took me almost an hour and I work rather fast).
- Start with a purple base or a white base (for accent nails)
- On the purple, paint a thick line of white down the middle of the nail using the polish brush (if needed, touch up the line with a fine nail art brush). On the accent nails, draw in a corset shape in purple, leaving white in the middle and along the top and bottom of the nail
- On all nails, add in a decorative border just inside the darker purple coset part, using a lighter purple (I did this using a small dotting tool and adding dots right next to each other)
- Then add larger silver dots (the grommets)
- Connect the silver dots using darker purple lines. To finish it off, add a bow, or let the free straps hang loose! Cover with top coat, and voila!
I really like these nails. It has been a really long time since I last did anything lace-related, and my fine manual dexterity has (dare I say it) improved somewhat :-p
Unfortunately, my darkest purple smears with top coat. I think I knew that about this particular polish. Oops!
Sorry for the photo-spam, I just really liked this design!
- White: Sinful Colors – Snow me White
- Light purple: Sally Hansen – Lacey Lilac
- Purple: Zoya – Malia
- Dark purple: Sinful Colors – Let’s Talk
- Silver: A England – Excalibur
Hope you enjoyed!